Wednesday, July 29, 2009

IE Only Websites annoy me


I've been on the internet for quite a while and I've used almost every browser at least once. I can do it more so now that I have virtual machines that I don't really care if I mess up. It still amazes me how many web sites are still geared towards using an IE engine rather than something else. I primarily use Firefox for most of my web surfing activity because of all the plugin's that I install to make it a better experience and all that (hear that MS? You gotta support plugin's that people want!) but there are still some sites that I enjoy that still require IE.

An example is Last.fm. I found this gem while using my iPod Touch. I've blogged about the service before and for the most part I think its pretty decent except that you need to be running IE or an IE engine in Firefox in order to use it. BOOO!! I don't really have anything against IE, my wife actually prefers it to Firefox so I always have it available just in case but it would be really helpful if all websites were compatible with at least Firefox without me switching to a different engine. Oh well, there's nothing I can really do about it except complain. At least I can get to the content which is what really matters most.

No comments: