Monday, July 20, 2009

The return of Winamp!


I've been messing around with my music collection lately on iTunes and I've been looking for ways to get the playlists on my Treo. My Treo is dumb in that it syncs with Windows Media Player, now who the heck uses that in this day and age to sync and manage a music library? There are some 3rd party applications like Pocket Tunes that can sync my Treo and my iTunes library but its $35 for the program. I knew there was a better way to do it, and most importantly a free way!

And here comes Winamp roaring back into my life. Winamp is one of those programs that I always install on my computer since way back in the late 1990's. I used to use Winamp extensively when I was in college but ever since I got an iPod I've been forced to use iTunes more and more. Don't get me wrong, iTunes is pretty good but Winamp's plugin's are awesome and now with the latest version you can import all your playlists and libraries into Winamp. The cool part about that? Winamp playlists can be imported into Windows Media player so I can sync it with my Treo! How awesome!

So Winamp for the time being is back in my life again as I use it for playing music, and importing my playlists. I still use it to test music files that I've downloaded to make sure they're not corrupt or anything like that. I hope they keep development going on this product down at AOL. I think I liked it better when it was an independent company :)

No comments: